So, last year I had some lofty goals for 34. Now I'm 35 and this year I just have a lot of excuses.
- Finish writing another book. I would argue there was an aggressive rewrite of book two in my series, but that doesn't count. Been dabbling since.
- Continue to work out at least three times a week.
Read 34 books. Watch Star Wars: A New Hope with my oldest daughter. It's not that I think four is necessarily old enough, it's that I just can't wait any longer.
- Attend Books by the Banks as a guest. With my second book slated for publication in May, I am cautiously optimistic. Was not invited. Going to day drink instead.
Finish one new costume for Dragon*Con. Of course I have more than one planned, but I'm being realistic about my sewing follow through. Run a successful writer’s retreat. After the holidays I plan to hit the ground hard plotting for a writer's retreat in April at a castle. If that sounds like something you'd be into, you know how to reach me. Go swimming. See a play. See Bethany and Stephen get married! And my girls are going to be flower girls, so, weep profusely. See Alex and Christopher get married! Go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Dreaming big, friends.And I never wanted to leave. Grow vegetables. And then eat them. Blog twice a month.So close I'm counting it. Sew something for each of my girls. I've actually already managed this, but I'm not letting myself completely off the hook. Write real letters. Volunteers? I have a lot of stickers to compliment my poor handwriting.
- See live music.
More candid photographs of my girls with my actual camera. LARP more. After years of playing I took a break when my littles were very little, but I found time again last autumn and I want to keep it going. Send Miss E to kindergarten in style with a Schultüte.Her first day of kindergarten sans cone, but she opened it at home and I got a photograph with my proper camera.
- Grow my hair out.
Or cut it off if I'm really feeling it.It had to go.
- Watch Gilmore Girls in its entirety. I love it now but never watched it while it was on the air, so I am woefully behind.
- Knit. I may as well if I am going to be watching television; these hands are so rarely idle.
- Finish the quilt that's languished half-assembled since before I was married.
Discover some new music. Any recommendations?
- Visit my dad at least once a month. This hasn't worked out due to schedules, but we are on really good terms right now.
Endeavor not to fight with him. Acquire a Stratton compact. While Peggy Carter turned me on to these vintage beauties, I'm not attached to hers unless I get lucky.SCORE. Read, paint, dance, and dream more with my girls. Appreciate my husband in word and deed. Elect a female president. #sorrynotsorryYou know what, WE DID.